Monday, June 6, 2011

How i found out that i am pregnant

The day i knew myself pregnant was on the 2nd January 2011.
Yes, it's only the second day of 2011.
A brand new year and i receive a shocking present.
It goes like this, my brother asked me to accompany him to town, with my husband.
I dont really feel like going but the day before was his birthday and i didnt
get him any present. So i agreed to go town with him and to see if he saw
anything that he want within my budget and i will get for him.
We waited for bus 190 to town and i didnt want to board the first bus.
It was the first time i feel that i will feel uncomfortable later as the bus has no seats.
And so we waited for the second one and boarded.
Hus and i had a seat at the last row, and i begin to feel naeous and uncomfortable
when the bus reached bukit panjang plaza.
I never had that feeling before, at first i thought it might be my gastric
but then the feeling got stronger and i really want to vomit.
I told hubby and he still joke with me and asked me to vomit into my LV neverfull.
The naeous feeling got stronger and stronger till i couldnt take it and told my brother
that we are getting off at fareast plaza. I need to vomit.
I rushed to the toilet once i alight and i really vomitted.
That moment i already sense something not quite right.
Cause i missed my period for around 3 weeks to a month already, and my period had
always been accurate since last year. The most my period will only be late for a week.
But this time almost a month and so i got the feeling that i might be pregnant.
And i went to the guardian and bought a pregnacy kit.
My brother realised that something's wrong and he followed me into the guardian.
He's really a clever boy. " He asked me " Jie, you going to buy pregnancy kit isit?
And i was like " WTH!? He knows! " Okay, back to topic.
So i bought the pregnancy kit but i didnt went to test immediately cause i just pee.
Told hus that i bought pregnancy kit to test and he was like " No lah. wont pregnant one. "
But i had this strong feeling that told me i am pregnant though i wish i am not.
We walked to TANGS and shop around and i cant wait anymore.
I went to the toilet and took the test. The results show one line which means negative
and i was so elated. But then within seconds the second line appear,
which obviously mean that i am pregnant. It's a positive test.
I was shock, but for the minute i smiled. I dont know why either.
It's like i know that there's a little one growing in me already. The amazing feeling.
But then after that all i felt was troubled. I dont know how to break the news to my parents.
I went out of the toilet smiling and told hubby, ho seh lo. I am pregnant.
I still remember that expression of him. Shocked and only shock.
Both of us suddenly got no mood to continue shopping and i told my brother.
We walked to Heeren and found a place to sit down. Hubby and i talked about it
and we are really lost, we dont know what to do. Feeling very troubled.
We took bus back home and have dinner with our parents as it's our family day.
That very day seemed so long for us. And i will never forget hubby's mother reaction
when she know that i am pregnant and all the alwful things she said.
I tried to forget but i cant. The harder i try, the more i remember.

We only break the news to my parents around a week later. Cause hubby dont know
what to do and what he should say. And he's afraid that my dad will be angry too.
But of course my dad will be angry. Which dad wont be angry with the guy that
have their daughter pregnant? All dads that love their daughters will.
And so, hubby came to my house after he book out and told my mum about it.
My mum was so shock and unhappy. I can feel that she feels troubled.
She told my hus that i am still young and alot of things.
And mum said that she will break the news to dad herself.
Cause mum could handle dad more, dad listens to mum more.
I felt so relieved after we told mum that i am pregnant though she still cant take it.
Mum told dad few days later and dad didnt talk to me at all after he knew it.
I know he was upset and disappointed. He's a traditional dad though he's quite open
with alot of things. He cant accept the fact that i get pregnant before i am married.
Dad dote me alot and think that i wont be so insensible that's what make him sad.
I was sad that dad ignored me for a period of time. For almost 2 weeks.
Mum tried her best and keep persuading dad to talk to me and asked him if
wants to have wedding dinner. Dad took a long time deciding, and he decide not too.
There are too many factors. And i can only agree to it as i got no other choice.
After that, dad choose our rom date which is on the 20th feb and we had a rom buffet
at hubby's house and our rom solemisation at hilltop garden restaurant at night.
Dad and mum finally accept the fact that im pregnant.
They showed me with more love and concern, im happy that things are all fine.
Till now that dad will joke with us about baby's name and help us think of baby's name.
Dad really put in alot of effort to accept and to engage himself in my pregnancy.
I really love my dad alot, and my mum. They supported me all the way, not like some
other people. And also, thanks hubby for supporting my decision although
he was with his mum's suggestion for awhile but after roy had a talk
with him he support me fully. Now i guess everyone knows about my pregnancy story
and why i couldnt get along with my mother-in-law.
Anyway, thank you roy for talking with hubby and make him support my decision :)